Networking: Connecting Through Social Media
Face-to-face networking has been the primary way for sales executives to connect with potential buyers for many years. Some of us are still a little slow to embrace social media to it’s fullest as a means to grow our business.
I will be the first to admit that I’m still a neophyte at networking but I work on it every day. Folks, social media is here to stay and we might as well roll up our sleeves, cinch up our belt and get savvy at one more way to make connections so that we are able to seize opportunities.
To improve your overall lead generation effectiveness, here are a few tips on how to improve with social media:
- Make sure that all of your social media profiles say the same thing.
- Give yourself a title that is descriptive of what you do. For example, I do several things–Business Networking Expert, Speaker, Author, and Industrial Packaging Specialist. List what you do as your Title, not the position that you hold within your company.
- Create a Summary of who you are and what products or services provided. Again, make sure they are consistent over all of your media.
- Write a short statement, one paragraph, about each job that you have held.
- Toot your own horn by including all Awards and Honors that you have accumulated over the years. People truly read this stuff when they are checking you out.
- List all continuing education or self-improvement coursework that you have taken.
- Connect periodically with your tribe to let them know you are still alive and kicking.
- Write short, to-the-point, articles or 1-2 sentence posts on your social media.
- Comment on posts by others. This will draw more attention to you and what you are up to.
- Join groups in your industry or in industries that you want to penetrate as clients
Peggy P. Edge (c) 2015