Networking: Last Quarter Coasting or Scrambling
As we embark on the last quarter of the year, what are your plans for your business? Are you beginning to coast because you’ve already met quota? Or…are you scrambling to network so you can finish the year on top?
If you are coasting, don’t do that. Your competition is nipping at your heels. Start working on next year’s plan.
If you are in scrambling mode, take a deep breath, re-group and tweak your plan. Some of the things you can do to tweak your plan include:
- Make sure you have identified everyone in your Connection Circle. Think about any group that you have become involved in for the first time this year. How well are you connected? Reach out and connect on a personal level.
- Look at your Inactive Client list. Touch base and ask for a new opportunity to work with them.
- Dust off that pile of business cards on your desk from events you have attended and enter them in your contacts. Drop them a note and your business card in the mail as a reminder of who you are and what you do. Ask them what you can do for them.
- Call existing clients to thank them for their business. Ask them if they know anyone they can refer to you. Be bold and ask for a personal introduction.
- Above all——Don’t be afraid to ask.
Now go out Make Connections – Seize Opportunities.
Peggy P. Edge (c) 2014