Peggy’s Pointers – Cardinal Rules of Effective Business Networking
To be effective in your business networking, You’ve Gotta Look and Act Professional!
These tips seem simple enough but after many years as a leader in a business-to-business networking organization, these are some key elements that must always be kept in mind when preparing to attend these types of events.
- Dress for Success – to be considered professional, you must dress like you mean business!
- Bring plenty of business cards, pen, and paper.
- Look people in the eye when greeting and speaking to others.
- Always give a firm handshake.
- Ladies, shake a man’s hand like you mean it.
- Gentlemen, shake a lady’s hand like you would another man…do not give a soft or limp handshake.
Excerpt from “5 Keys to Effective Business Networking” by Peggy P. Edge © 2012.