Strategic Networking Plan
A Strategic Networking Plan is a “must-have” inclusion in an overall Marketing Plan for any business or individual.
When you map out a plan of attack, for your networking activities truly, you can be extremely successful growing your business with a plethora of warm introductions and referrals thus minimizing the need to cold call.
Here are a few key steps to drafting a Networking Plan:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Start by evaluating last year’s results.
- Assign a cost to your hard and soft expenses – How much does it cost you in time to attend each event?
- Identification of Strategic Partnerships
- Create a list of every connection and analyze how they might be eligible to be strategic to your partnership.
- Do you have new products/services offering where you will need to identify new connections?
- Development time to train those partners
- Set up a schedule to meet with your networking partners and share with them what you expect to accomplish during the year and how they can be an integral part of your success.
- Tis’ better to give than to receive.
- How you are going to be of service or assistance to others. It could be as a mentor, trainer or leader.
- Social Media
- Include in your plan the utilization of social media in your networking activities for the year.
- Craft engaging 30-Second Commercials
- Create at least 3-5 different commercials, then practice, practice, practice in front of a mirror, using a stop watch.
Peggy works with corporate sales teams and individuals to develop their Strategic Networking Plan.
Peggy P. Edge (c) 2015 (Portions of text are excerpts from “5 Key Steps of Effective Business Networking” – Peggy P. Edge (c) 2012)