LinkedIn Recommendations–Give to Get
Have you received recent recommendations through LinkedIn? Instead of waiting for others to recommend you and your work, be proactive:
- “Give to Get”–Be willing to reach out to a few of your key connections and write a recommendation of their work and expertise.
- Don’t be shy to ask for a recommendation from a client or one of your LI connections who knows your work ethic and/or industry expertise.
- If you have a recent project that you have completed with a client, use this opportunity to solicit how well they are pleased with your work by asking them if they would be willing to write you a recommendation.
- Keep in mind that you have up to 3000 characters of which to work. This allows you enough space to re-cap a brief story of how both of you worked together. Remember to be as detailed as possible explaining each other’s industry expertise.
- Some clients may ask you to draft something for them. This is a great opportunity for you to tell the story for them.
- Believe it or not…prospective clients and/or recruiters will vet you on LinkedIn and are always interested in how well you are received and known in your field of work. Be sure to give and to receive current recommendations.
Peggy P. Edge © 2019
Peggy is a LinkedIn trainer who provides customized programs for individuals, sales teams, civic/trade associations, and educational institutions. Link with Peggy at www.linkedin.com/in/peggyedge