Networker of the Year 2015
I was humbled and honored to be the 2015 recipient of the Jo Wagner Networker of the Year Award by my business-to-business networking organization, Team Networking (www.teamnetworking.com)
It has been my pleasure to service this organization in a leadership capacity for 15 of the 17 years that I’ve been a member. I can’t begin to enumerate all of the people that I have come in contact with during this time that has not helped me in one way or another.
Truly I believe Zig Ziglar’s statment:
“If you help enough other people get what they want, you will get what you want.”
Some of the things that I have accomplished through my membership in TN has been:
- Edge Packaging Systems – I joined TN at the same time that I was starting my packaging company.
- I have grown my business strictly from “warm referrals” never cold calling.
I never say to a prospect or client who has a need, “I can’t help you.” It doesn’t matter that it’s ice for Eskimos. I will find it or make a connection to someone who can help.
Why? Because the competition is always willing to do what someone else in unwilling to do. Plus, my theory is that if Joe Bob needs, Lucy Jane may need it too! That’s called: Your Edge over your Competition!
- Leadership skills – Being a leader or teacher was the furthermost from mind. I offered to fill-in as the Member Liaison back in 2000 when we only had 1 chapter. That led me to 15 years of being involved in some aspect of Team’s corporate leadership.
- Edge Consultants – After many years of coaching, mentoring and training others in the fine skill-set of networking, several of my advocates said, “Peggy, you need to be paid for your expertise.” Well, duh! What a concept!
- I simply put a note on Facebook that said: “I’m looking for opportunities to speak on Effective Business Networking. Immediately I received 4 inquiries and 2 of those came to fruition within 2 weeks.
- Creating and developing the leadership training program at Team has parlayed me into training individuals and corporate sales team on the fine skill-set of networking.
- Professional Coach – Last year, after having researching ways to expand my consulting business it seemed the next natural step would be for me to certified as a coach. This April I received my sheep-skin as a Certified Professional coach.
- The most recent venture that I will be undertaking is to help other groups of individuals develop and grow their own networking organizations around the country.
As all of you know, I’m always looking to see how I can Make Connections and Seize Opportunities.
Thank you Team for all of the opportunities that you have afforded me. And…I ain’t done yet!